TERMS & CONDITIONS Of USE
Clients hosted on our shared or reseller servers may only send up to 350 any pieces of mail per hour. There is a 350 outgoing email hourly limit per domain. This limit is also applied towards Mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour, most of the e-mails will bounce back with an undeliverable error. If this occurs, it will then take some time for your account to be able to send again so we recommend waiting at least 1 hour after this issue occurs to begin sending email again. Many of our servers have a limit of 30 POP3/IMAP checks per hour per each user’s connecting IP address. If you go over this you’re likely to get a wrong password error message or an error stating “login incorrect”. If this occurs, please wait an hour and it will automatically unblock you. To prevent this from happening again, please make sure to disable auto checking or at least set it to something higher such as once every 10 minutes.
Opt-in Email Marketing
If you choose to engage in marketing your site and/or services via email please heed the following. The only permitted form of email marketing is that in which the list is “opt-in”. By definition, opt-in is where people provide you with their email address specifically requesting to be on your email list for information about your site and/or service. Even opt-in has its share of issues, so we cannot guarantee we will host this type of site on our network. If we find your account transmitting email to persons that did not authorize such activity, that is grounds to suspend and terminate your site.
Eicra Soft Ltd has a zero tolerance policy regarding unsolicited commercial email (UCE) and unsolicited bulk email (UBE) also known as “spam”. Uploading, posting, emailing, transmitting or otherwise making available any UNSOLICITED or unauthorized advertising, or promotional materials where examples of these include but are not limited to “junk mail,” “instant messaging,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of unauthorized solicitation from or through a Eicra.comhosting.com, LLC server or using an email address or system that is maintained by Eicra.comhosting.com, LLC is STRICTLY prohibited. Eicra.comhosting.com, LLC will be the sole arbiter as to what constitutes a violation of this provision. If you engage in any of the foregoing activities using the service of another ISP or IPP, but channeling activities through a Eicra.comhosting.com, LLC server as a mail drop for responses, you are in violation. Violators will be assessed a minimum of $200.00 fine and will face an immediate suspension and are subject to termination.
The Definition Of Spam
An electronic message is “spam” IF: (1) the recipient’s personal identity and context are irrelevant because the message is equally applicable to many other potential recipients; AND (2) the recipient has not verifiably granted deliberate, explicit, and still-revocable permission for it to be sent; AND (3) the transmission and reception of the message appears to the recipient to give a disproportionate benefit to the sender.
You will be cited with “UCE/UBE Abuse” if you send any email to persons who have not specifically asked to receive email from you. The sending origin of such email is irrelevant. Upon confirmation of abuse, any Eicra Soft Ltd customer engaging in this practice will have their service suspended. Not only does spam place a strain on the server that can negatively effect that server’s uptime record and performance record, you subject that server to the possibility of being blacklisted.
If your site will be sending mailings out to subscribers, this is a checklist of what you are required to do:
You must not try to hide, forge or misrepresent the sender of the e-mail and sending site of the e-mail. Bulk mailings must specifically state how the persons’ e-mail addresses were obtained and must indicate the frequency of the mailing. Bulk mailings should contain simple and obvious unsubscribe mechanisms. We recommend that this be in the form of a working link to a one-click unsubscribe system; however, a valid “reply to:” address may be used instead.
All subscription based e-mail must have valid, non-electronic, contact information for the sending organization in the text of each e-mail including either a phone number or physical mailing address.
All bulk e-mail must be solicited, meaning that the sender has an existing and provable relationship with the e-mail recipient and the recipient has not requested not to receive future mailings from the sender. Documentation of the relationship between the sender and the recipient must be made available to Eicra.com upon request.
Any mailing list larger than 4,00 addresses will require a dedicated server or VPS hosting solution from us. Note: Dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
There is also a limit to the number of Mailman mailing lists permitted as follows (NOTE: This does not apply to other mailing list programs such as PHP List. This only applies to Mailman.)
- Profession package: 20 Mailman mailing lists
- Baby package: 25 Mailman mailing lists
- Business package: 50 Mailman mailing lists
- Reseller and Dedicated packages: Unlimited number of Mailman mailing lists
Mailing Lists Rules
- Any time you’re sending a message no matter how large your e-mail list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 8 seconds. (Sending 1 every 8 seconds would send 450 emails within 1 hour, keeping you below the 500 outgoing email limit.) If the mailing list software you’re using does not allow you to throttle you must switch to an application or script that will. We recommend PHPList, which can be found in your CPanel under Fantastico. IMPORTANT: If you do not throttle and you try sending 500 emails, the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second which is not possible on our shared servers. This will cause a very high load on the server and the entire server will be sluggish, potentially affecting your sites and service, until this sending process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish or experiencing issues. Anyone who causes the server’s load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.
- Any mailing list over 900 email addresses is only allowed to be sent to during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 1AM – 8AM Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday.
- The list must be a Double Opt-In list. This means a user has subscribed for a newsletter or other email marketing messages by explicitly requesting it and confirming the email address to be their own. Confirmation is usually done by responding to a notification/confirmation email sent to the email address the end user specified. The double opt-in method eliminates the chance of abuse where somebody submits someone else’s email address without their knowledge and against their will. You will not be permitted to mail any mailing list that you were given or purchased. In doing so, this will also be considered spamming and may result in termination of the offending account.
- Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in suspension or termination of the offending account. We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail and other forms of spam.
- Any mailing list MUST comply with all guidelines set forth by the United States government. These can be found at:
- No direct SMTP mailers are allowed. An example of this would be a Darkmailer or The Bat!. Any mail should be sent through the local mail server/MTA for further delivery by the server and not done directly by scripts.
Prohibited Used Of Eicra Hosting System And Service Regarding Spam
Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Eicra Hosting’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Eicra.com Hosting’s servers, is prohibited. Eicra.com Hosting accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Eicra.com Hosting customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Eicra.com Hosting-hosted domain, or referencing any Eicra.com Hosting account, is prohibited.
Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at spamhaus.org.
We receive automatic reports from Spamhaus, AOL and SpamCop for our IP ranges. If there are more than three complaints lodged against your site in one day, the site will be suspended until a resolution/explanation is made.
Any customer using the email hosting services of Eicra Soft Ltd shall abide by this email policy. Any loss/non delivery of any email and any subsequent loss suffered by any customer or any third party because of such non delivery or loss of email shall be the sole responsibility of the customer;
Eicra soft ltd shall not be liable for any loss or remedy for such loss suffered by any customer or third party.
Last Revised: SEP 9, 2013
(END of Email Policy)
Copyright © 2007-2013 Eicra.com, All Rights Reserved.