01 Oct Accounting And Bookkeeping: Which One Is Right For You?
Are you considering hiring a bookkeeping or accounting service? Many people are mistaking them for the same thing. As a result, they failed to select the best service for their company.
So, the fact is that you have to find what works best for your company. However, in this article, we will provide you with the necessary guidance.
First and probably most important, we must realize that accounting and bookkeeping are not synonymous.
Bookkeeping is an immediate record of all sales and purchases made by your company, whereas accounting is a subjective look at how that data means for your company.
Let’s dive into a deeper discussion!
How Would You Know Which One Is Best For You?
Bookkeeping is a transactional as well as managerial role that records financial transactions such as purchases, receipts, sales, and payments on a daily basis.
Accounting is much more subjective, providing financial insights to business owners based on data from their bookkeeping.
Bookkeeping is used to generate information about an organization’s activities. Accounting, on the other hand, "is designed to convert data into information."
Fun Fact: An accountant can be a bookkeeper, but a bookkeeper cannot be an accountant without appropriate certification.
Accounting Vs. Bookkeeping: Common Tasks
A bookkeeper does not need any formal education, but they should be knowledgeable about accounting issues and strive for precision. So, a bookkeeper’s work is typically overseen by an accountant or owner.
And here are some examples of common accounting and bookkeeping tasks:
Estimated Costs Of Accounting And Bookkeeping
The wage or rates you’ll charge an accountant or bookkeeper are determined by your company’s needs. Because, according to your needs, accountants and bookkeepers will charge.
However, Your costs are influenced by 3 major factors: the services you desire, the expertise you require, and your marketplace.
Cost Per Hour
Cost Per Year
$70,000 – $75,000
$35 – $40
$40,000 – $45,000
$20 – $25
3 Key Advantages of Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Analysis: An accountant could provide you with a comprehensive picture of your company’s financial situation, as well as strategies and suggestions.
- Knowledge: Accountants must have more schooling, certifications, and job experience than bookkeepers. So, they bring significantly more expert knowledge to other areas.
- Legal assistance: Accountants, due to their training and certification and expertise, can create financial evidence or data to assist your business in dealing with any legal issues.
- Managerial services: Bookkeepers could assist you in keeping track of and organizing financial reports and documents. Because Your bookkeeper must have specific info.
- Cheaper price: Bookkeepers usually charge less than accountants for their services. So, the exact amount depends on the amount of submission and documentation required.
- Direct assessments: Whereas accountants provide thorough analysis, a bookkeeper can provide you with a straightforward assessment of your company’s financial situation.
When Should You Hire A Financial Advisor?
It can be challenging to determine the best time to recruit an accounting specialist or bookkeeper – or even whether you need one at all.
While many smaller companies hire an accountant as an advisor, there are several alternatives for managing the financial tasks.
If your company is large enough, decide whether you want to hire a freelance advisor, a firm, or a full-time employee when searching for a certified bookkeeper.
Request referrals from friends, colleagues, or your local chamber of commerce, as well as look for bookkeepers on online social networks such as LinkedIn.
Is bookkeeping stressful?
Keeping the books for a company can be a very stressful job. You must not only be a total high achiever in assuring that no comma, digits, or number is out of place, However, you must keep track of each employee to make sure that they supply you with the necessary information.
Do bookkeepers do payroll?
Which is higher accounting or bookkeeping?
Accounting is a rising method that generates financial models using financial data collected by such a bookkeeper or company owner. Accounting is a more subjective process than bookkeeping, that is primarily transactional.
We trust that bookkeeping & accounting are critical elements of any business. EicraSoft has been involved in the business for over 16 years and has served clients all over the world.
Because, our team consists of certified, accounting professionals who offer the best services available in the industry.